Monday, October 12, 2009

I failed on my plan...

Like I actually thought it wasn't going to happen...but I fell down on the job. I didn't post much towards the end of the season, mainly for two reasons. The garden was no longer 'fun' and 'exciting', but mostly because August/September are my busiest times for doing field research. The last I wanted to do after being outside in a soybean field all day was to come home and crawl around in my garden! Luckily at this point all we had to do was harvest, but I wish I would have stayed on top of the posts. We got our first significant snow fall today (yes, TODAY!) so the gardening season is just about over. All that is left is to clean out our plot and lay down some compost. We will be back next year (so long as the community garden will have us...I don't think we did anything to warrant expulsion, so we should be good) with a much more thought out plan. We already have a map and I might post that along with our plans over the winter. Maybe I will do better next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment